This article describes resources for studying UX, UI, ethnography, personas, and asks another evaluator to describe a hypothetical legal scenario where evaluation may be used. Follow up to that question will not be provided but I ask that readers include their own examples.
I really appreciate that you are approaching these questions from a legal background and your personal perspective. It’s very educational to read from another person’s experiences and I’ve always found lawyers and paralegals intriguing. Would you mind expanding on your example to include a hypothetical situation where someone in the legal profession would use evaluation skills and these two complimentary roles come into plan. Could you describe the hypothetical persona as a case study?
is an ethnography term often used in UX.-I’m not assuming you do not know the term but want to include a few resources in case anyone in the class would like to learn more about how to use personas and ethnography to expand the evaluation process. In particular, I would like to direct the entire class to the Nielsen Norman Group website. NNG’s site is one of my favorite resources for UX knowledge, they also offer a well known certification in UX. I’ve also included the Google definitions of ethnography and case study. If you scroll down to the references I’ve included a link to Workiva‘s website
. They have a few excellent examples of informal case studies. Case studies may also be the result of an evaluation.
the scientific description of the customs of individual peoples and cultures.
a process or record of research in which detailed consideration is given to the development of a particular person, group, or situation over a period of time.
a particular instance of something used or analyzed in order to illustrate a thesis or principle.
“airline deregulation provides a case study of the effects of the internal market”
- Wikipedia (2016). Persona. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persona
- Aurora Bedford (2/16/2015). Personas Make Users Memorable for Product Team Members. Nielsen Norman Group. Viewed site on 2/4/2016. https://www.nngroup.com/articles/persona/
- Google (2016). Define Ethnography. https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=what%20is%20ethnography&es_th=1
- Google (2016). Define Case Study. https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=what%20is%20a%20case%20study&es_th=1
- Workiva (2016). Client Case Studies. https://www.workiva.com/customers/case-studies
via Blogger http://ift.tt/1PXm634