(e.g. listed in browser and on search engines – 160-300 characters)
A meta description is approximately 135-300 character snippet that describes the content of a single page of a website or application. It is an HTML tag added in the header of each page and is used by search engines and readers as an excerpt for search results.
<meta name=”description” content=”The page description is a couple sentences long.”/>
- Use an “action” voice with a single call to action
- For Products include merchandise information (e.g. Manufacturer, SKU, price)
- Include rich snippets http://ift.tt/1BFb7Tyhttp://ift.tt/1WBLJca
- If keyword research has been done (for SEO) the main keyword or phrase should be included.
- It should be unique (not repeated on multiple pages)
via Blogger http://ift.tt/2rcQAad